Monday, November 14, 2011

Faith?

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 ESV

"Now faithis the substanceof things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 KJV

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1 NLT

I wanted to see this verse in a few different translations. I could have listed more. My question is "do I have faith or am I being stubborn and holding on to some thing I shouldn't?". The former is the one I hope is true. But I still wonder.

I realize that when I blog about something on my mind or heart I get some peace and some answers. So this is heavy on my heart and has been for well, years now. Actually, right now I feel my spirit stirring. So what is it?

Do I have the kind of faith that keeps believing even when everyone else has given up on it? Do I really believe something that is, well quite frankly, seemingly impossible? Do I really believe?

Or am I holding on to something that isn't suppose to be? Am I stubbornly holding onto something that God has taken away from me? Am I just being dilusional and stubborn?

Sometimes I am so sure it is faith and that I believe that God is in the process of performing a miracle. Sometimes I think I am just being a spoiled brat who wants her way and is holding on for dear life.

I'm not sure if I'll get answers or even if I have written what God is really stirring within me. I do think if I haven't He'll keep stirring me until I do.

No comments: