Sunday, February 5, 2012

Overwhelmed!!

Usually when I think of being overwhelmed it is for a negative reason. Like too much paperwork and testing at school. Or maybe more bills than money. But right now I am overwhelmed by God!


I am going to Kenya in July. I need to raise a lot of money to go. The amount is a bit staggering. But as soon as I heard about Kenya, actually read it on Geoffrey Janes' FB status I felt the Spirit leap within me. I knew at that moment that I was going to Kenya. I have to admit when I saw how much it would cost I was a bit taken back, but I still knew I would go. The amount still seems impossible but I know it's not, not for Him.


I started a prayer support group. One by one a few friends have asked to be added. Then I got a request from someone I don't know. I know all their are FB scammers out there so I was a bit wary at first. I clicked on the person's name and saw that she was friends with one of my close friends and her mother. I knew that she must have heard about me from them. I was overwhelmed that someone I didn't know wanted to pray for me and my trip to Kenya.


A few minutes ago I got an email forwarded to me from my Mom. One of her friends said that she is going to give to my trip as well. I do not know this friend of hers.


I am simply overwhelmed that God has used two people I do not know to support this trip to Kenya. I am so excited about going. I am excited to see a whole new continent. To see the Indian Ocean. To see animals we only see in zoos in the United States. But I am most excited to see how God is going to use me. I am most excited to see how God is going to change me, grow me. I am simply overwhelmed!

No comments: