Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dream

The other day I had a bad day at work. Not just a bad day, but a-quit-this-job day! It was coming. This year has been a hard school year. I can't put my finger on any one thing but it has been enough to make me reconsider if this is something I want to do until I am old and gray...I dye so it'll be awhile before I'm gray. :)

That night I had a dream that I wanted to share. I think I understand parts of it but not all. That's okay, because God reveals when He does.

I was on some kind of journey. I felt a pull to keep going. Soon I was trying to navigate through a large playing field that was full of kids and coaches. It was hard to get through because there were so many kids and they kept playing the various games as I walked right through them. Many, most, of the students would stop and say "hello". I said "hello" to many of them but there were just too many. I realized I just wanted to get through the sea of kids and on with my journey.

I finally got through and entered a building. The room I entered had a door on the other side and when I first entered it was just plain and kind of dark. As I started to walk to the other door I realized that there was some sort of large object that I had to climb over to get to the door. As I got to it the room turned into a room full of cobwebs that just got thicker and thicker. I climbed over the object and moved the cobwebs out of the way to get over the object and out the door.

Once I got out the door I was in a restaurant that was closed. I loved the restaurant and wanted to stay there, but I felt the need to continue. I left the restaurant, but stopped on the street and looked back. I turned and kept going. All of a sudden I was in a car and it was now very dark. I realized that it was early morning. The problem was I couldn't see. My vision was very blurry. I felt like my contacts had been taken out. All I could really see was the yellow line and the headlights of cars coming toward me. I kept thinking I was going to die and I need to pull over. But there was no where to pull over and I had this pull that kept me going.

Then I cried out to God to help me! Instantly it was daylight and I could see clearly. I continued driving and was so thankful that God had made the sun shine and my vision clear. Then I woke up.

I could analyze the dream and I have, but the most important part for me was the end. When I finally called out to God and He lit the way and restored my sight. I realize that He can make things clear but not necessarily make the final destination come into view. I still had no idea where I was going, but I knew Who was leading me.

No comments: