Sunday, November 28, 2010

Introduction

I curled up on the couch and read the introduction to What Happens When Women Walk in Faith. It was only about 3 pages long, but I got so much out of those 3 pages. I had to go grab a highlighter, I am NOT a highlighter reader, but I felt it was necessary. I reread and highlighted. Here's a bit of what struck me.
  • Every woman receives a dream from God that is uniquely hers.
  • Every woman faces obstacles that will keep her from God's best.
  • Discouragement, fatigue, and impatience set in. I am sooooo there!
  • Giants are in MY promise land!
  • Satan lies to me to try to kill my dream.
  • There are 5 phases of faith to pass through. I'll share them as I read about them.
I believe that God has given me a dream, not sure I'm ready to share that just yet, and I know that there are giants in my promise land. The biggest giant in my promise land right now seems to be LIES! I am a thinker and unfortunately I think about those lies. Sometimes I think about them so much that they seem to become truth.

I am very excited about reading this book and pray that God reveals His truth to me through it!

As an aside, Lysa Terkeurst is one of my favorites. She goes to the same church I do, Southbrook, and I have had the joy of hearing her speak. After I had heard her speak a few times I read her book Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl. I really enjoyed it and have wanted to read another one of her books ever since.

No comments: