Friday, October 28, 2011

Waking up to a Song

I am not very musical. I like to sing, but I don't pretend that I do that well. So I think it is interesting that God uses songs to speak to me. I know that if I wake up with a sang playing in my mind then He is talking to me. The really interesting part is once I talk to Him about it, I usually can't even remember the song. Not that I don't know it anymore, I just can't remember which song it was.

This morning I woke up very, very early with a song. The one line kept playing over and over again. I can't remember the words, like I said I usually can't remember. But the words brought with them a strong feeling of conviction. I started praying. Because I had no idea what I was being convicted of  I just started listing things. I also realized that when I pray I don't repent enough. I might talk to God about things I've done wrong or things I didn't do that I should have. Yet, I don't think I repented as much as I talked to Him about it.

That might have been the real reason that I was feeling such conviction. I need to do more than just tell Him what I have done or haven't done. I need to ask Him for forgiveness and repent.

I obviously feel back to sleep while praying because I woke up to the alarm clock and a sense of peace.

No comments: