Friday, October 26, 2012

Obedience Even When It Doesn't Make Sense

Have you ever had God ask you to do something that you've done before and it didn't work?

This morning God woke me up early, very early, and I had to ask Him why. I kept thinking if I can just get my brain to turn off I could go back to sleep. That didn't work, so I changed directions and ask God why I was supposed to be up. He told me to do something that I have done before, something I promised I wouldn't do again unless He told me to. I definitely questioned Him. I asked Him that was just some crazy, too-early-in-the-morning thought or was it really Him. I told Him if it wasn't Him to let me know otherwise I would do it.

Well, I feel back to sleep, with less than 30 minutes before the alarm was to go off, and started my day. I let the dog out, feed the cats, and climbed back into bed to read my Bible. After letting the dog back in and finishing my chapter I got on the computer to check email and Facebook. I was already trying to ignore what He had told me to do.

The more I tried to ignore it then more stirring there was inside of me. I knew that even though every other time it hadn't worked, hadn't helped, He was asking me to do it again. So I went ahead and did it, even though I was still having internal debate with Him.

I have no idea how it will work out this time. It might not work in anyway that I can expect. I may never see any result from it, but I know that I needed to be obedient and do it. And when it was done I felt peace because I knew it really was Him and not me. Even now, more than 12 hours later, I still feel that sense of peace.

No comments: