Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In Due Time

You know what? Waiting is hard!

It doesn't matter what you are waiting for, good news, bad news, someone to show up, and especially God's timing, it is hard! And I have to admit it, "I don't it!" :)

A friend ask me to pray for her waiting situation, which very well be over. I was honestly happy for her. I can't say that I am honestly happy for people when they share there waiting-is-over news. I just think about how I still am, and I get...honesty time...jealous! I know that it's not right to be jealous, but it's the truth. I was glad to realize that for her I was actually happy.

Today I was driving home and asking God about my waiting. Not the usual, "how much longer?" but rather, "why do I even want it?" I asked Him, "why can't I just be satisfied with how things are? Why do I want something I don't have, may never have?" Then a song came on the radio and the line "the same God who leads you in will lead you out" played. I smiled and felt it was for me to hear.

When I got home I feed the furry babies and grabbed the laptop ready to check email and Facebook for any exciting news...I know,I know most of the Facebook news isn't really news. Then I came across this post and I knew it was for me. And in due time Hannah conceived and bore a son, and she called his name Samuel, for she said, “I have asked for him from the Lord.” I Samuel 1:20.

I do not know the answers to my questions that I asked God today, but I do know that He makes promises and He keeps them. I know that like, Hannah, all I have to do is ask and trust. I do not know how He will end my waiting, but I know He will. I also know that once this wait is over there will be another one after it. I hope that I learn the lessons necessary in this waiting time to help me trust Him more in the next waiting time.

So in due time!

No comments: