Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Struggles

A few days ago I made a decision. It wasn't a decision that changed anything on the outside, but it was a big decision for me. It was one of those decisions that resulted in peace and calm. I felt light and smiley afterwards.

The next day came and I was surprised at how easily I went through the day with the same sense of peace. It felt easy. I thanked God for His strength, because I knew it had to be His not mine.

The next day was the same and the day after that. And then the next day came and it was a day of significance and I had to cling to God to help me remain strong in the decision and not let the significance of the day affect that. With God, I made it through. It ended with more thankful praise for His strength and peace.

Today was a breeze in comparison, and then I saw it. A post on Facebook, an innocent enough one, but one that made my resolve crumble. I felt ready to cry and thought "Lord, I really, really need You right now!" I changed a setting on Facebook and the post disappeared from my wall. I sighed with relief, but still felt a tug on me.

So that tug drove me here to share. I am far from perfect and my strength is significantly weak. I struggle and need God's strength and direction each and every day. I don't have to go through any moment of my day alone. He is always ready and willing to show me the way. He's strength is more than enough for me. "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9.

After writing this and even before I click "publish"  I feel the peace of His and I can smile. I know there will still be testing and trying times as I stay committed to this decision, but He will continue to be my all and all.

No comments: