Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Courageous

cou·ra·geous/kəˈrājəs/
Adjective: Not deterred by danger or pain; brave.
 
For the past few mornings I have woken up with Casting Crowns' Courageous running through my head. Then my clock radio comes off and the program on 91.9, Family Life Today, has been talking about a book from a series called A Call to Courageous Manhood. Now I'm not a man, but I do find it interesting that that is what is on.
 
Which make me think about my favorite book of the Bible, Joshua. God tells Joshua, more than once, to be strong and courageous. I am sure that he needed to hear it. What I really love about Joshua is that he is courageous and he does go in and take the land. I wish I was like Joshua!
 
I wish that I could hear God telling me to be courageous and actually be! Oh, I believe He is telling me but I feel less than courageous. I looked up the meaning and thought, "no, that doesn't describe me." Right now I feel anything but courageous. I want to be! I want to laugh in the face of danger. I want to push through the pain and step into the Promised Land. I want to see the giants and know that I can fight them in Him. 
 
Honestly, I am wondering about what I am going through right now. I miss something I really didn't have, just wished I did. I miss people who meant a lot to me. I have hoped and prayed to move on, to move past it. Why is God telling me to be courageous? Why are all these thoughts and feelings stirring up? I really don't know, but I know He has a plan. I will continue to trust, and hope that I can be strong and courageous in Him.

No comments: