Thursday, July 18, 2019

Tears in a Bottle

"You have kept count of my tossings;
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your book?
Then my enemies will turn back
in the day when I call.

This I know, that God is for me.
In God, whose word I praise,
in the LORD, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can man do to me?" 
Psalm 56:8-11

Today my heart aches, but it has been aching for about 5 months. I have tossed a lot and cried many tears. It comforts me to know that God collects my tears, He knows every toss and turn. He's heard my prayers and my praise. I'm not sure how much longer these present troubles will be, but I know He has plans, good plans, that will equal and exceed all the tears. He never said, "don't cry your tears" instead He collects them. He uses them to water my soul, heart, and mind and He grows something more beautiful than I can think or imagine. Some day I will praise Him for the fruit produced during this season, but right now I praise Him for counting and collecting and being with me every second bringing me comfort and peace beyond my understanding.

No comments: