Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Most Unlikely Path

"A Most Unlikely Path" is the first chapter in the bbelieving phase.

"God knows the best routes for us. He sees dangers and temptations that we don't see along the way. Sometimes we get frustrated with God when He takes us through places we hadn't planned on going. His route sometimes appears to be out of the way, inconvenient, tiresome, and confusing. But we must recognize His voice, listen carefully, and do exactly as He instructs." This is moving from the famine phase to the believing phase.

In this phase we believe God in ways that we always wanted to. We walk more with Him, because we want more of Him. As we walk with Him we hear His voice more clearly and we see Him at work more. He becomes so real to us!

In this phase I trust Him and believe Him so much I should just go ahead and confirm out loud that I trust Him and I am willing to travel those paths even if they are confusing and out of the way. As Lysa puts it, "Lord, whatever Your will for my life is, that is what I want?"

I recently watched a teaching with Priscilla Shirer and she was talking about how God has beyond the beyond in mind for us. She explained that to mean that God does not only beyond what we can even think of, but even beyond that! So I guess it is good to dream big and know that what He will do is even bigger than that!

I love this phase! I find myself saying over and over again, "You are so good!"

No comments: