Thursday, March 3, 2011

God's Dream, God's Way

I practically wore out my highlighter in this chapter! This is the first chapter in the resurrection phase. I have been so excited to reach this phase. I mean in the book, but of course in my journey as well.

Lysa writes that we must go through the death first in order to find rejoicing in the resurrection. When I think about all the tears cried and all the prayers prayed and all the waiting resulted in some of the other rresurrections in my life this makes perfect sense. It makes all the stuff from before seem worth it. In those times I learned to recognize God and I drew closer to Him. The dreams, wants, came too, and they were good, but the increase desire for God was the true gift.

Here's one thing I love that she wrote, "remembering the death phase keeps us humble and keenly aware that the resurrection has nothing to do with us. Our talents, our creativity, our manipulating, our arranging, our being in the right place at the right time - none of it brought about the good that is dawning. God's dream planted in us is brought about by His hand alone."

I love that because I can't make it happen! Yes, there are steps that God asks me to take, things that He wants me to be obedient to, but it is still Him even when I am obedient. I also love the thought that I can't mess it up either. Sure, I make mistakes. I try to make things happen; I whine and complain, but He brings it all to pass.

But I do need to be ready. God wouldn't bring about the resurrection until I am ready. He is waiting for me to be ready. Along the way I have thought I was ready, only to realize that I wasn't. I want to be! I want to walk out of the death phase into the resurrection. I want to have the faith to be in that place. I want to hear that it is time to pack up the camp, head for the Jordan, and see the miracle that brings me into the Promised Land.

I need to learn to be content where He has me right now, even if it's the famine phase or the death phase. I need to remember that He is my portion for each and every day. The Israelites didn't trust Him to be their portion. They were so close to the Promised Land, their resurrection, and they ended up missing it. I do not want to repeat their experience. I want to wait on the Lord and trust in His faithfulness.

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!" Isaiah 30:18

No comments: