Sunday, January 13, 2013

He Works Gently

About a year ago I gave up a major roadblock in my life. At that time I wrote a post about how God deals with things when I am ready and not before that. Well, a little over a year later He revealed more to me about this same roadblock.

No, it is not back. I did not pick it back up again and I have not dwelt on it since. But yesterday as I was waking up He spoke to me about it and I was surprised by it. See, this week I saw a photo of me from last spring. I was about 20 pounds heavier than I am now, and it was a horrible reality check. Yes, I have been working on working it off, but what He revealed wasn't about that.

He told me that the reason I have a weight issue is because of what happened all those years ago. He took me back and I saw that I started to deal with my weight afterwards and it has been a struggle ever since. He showed me that I used it as a self-protection strategy. He showed me that my history of ups and downs with weight was connected to when I was allowing the past to control.

He showed me that even though my weight is going down, way slower than I would like, I need to know the reason for the struggle. It isn't because I have no will power or like food too much. It isn't about how much I exercise or not. It is about letting the past control my present. I might have given up the roadblock, but I didn't even realize I still was dealing with the mental and emotional baggage still.

So,now I know. Will the weight loss still be a struggle at times? Yes! But will it be because of the emotional self-protection based on the past? I will be placing that in His hands, and I know He will gently continue to work on freeing me. Eventually my weight, whether there are ups and downs or not, will have nothing to do with it.

No comments: