Sunday, January 20, 2013

Knowing "No!"

Have you ever been doing something or thinking something and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was a "no"? I have.

Today I was looking into something on the Internet, nothing bad mind you, but I knew in my spirit that God was saying, "no". I wasn't supposed to be thinking about it. It is an option for my future, but He has said "no" it is not.

Now, the struggle I have with this "no" is that it isn't a bad thing. It makes "sense" for a next step for me. It even is something that, in many ways, appeals to me. Also, I already kind of said I was interested in it. I am not a good "no" sayer (my students might argue that point!). I am especially not a good "no" sayer after I already said "yes". I will have to deal with that when the time is right.

Yesterday, I wrote about having trouble with trusting God with my future. I am however, happy to know that one option is out. I know it is because He said "no". Sometimes I don't like being told "no", I mean who does. But this "no" actually encourages me. It lets me know that I can hear His voice. It also lets me know He has something else for me. And it lets me know that I don't have to figure out what to do. He already has a plan. He already knows what the "yes" will be.

This trusting in Him thing is hard, but there is freedom in knowing His "no".

No comments: